Friday 5 October 2012

Welcome to the world of The Student Foody

Welcome to Student Foody, a place for food fans, amateur cooks, aspiring chefs and those who wish to learn the basics of cooking.
Through this blog i hope to provide exciting recipes, ideas and tips to take your cooking to wherever you want to be, as well as up to date stories about my experiences in the world of gastronomy. I can assure you that despite the name of the blog, there will be no bog standard traditional student fare shared on here. No Spaghetti Bolognese or Pot noodles. I firmly believe good and exciting restaurant-quality fare is something that anyone can achieve with a little time and dedication.
So perhaps it would be a good idea to explain a little bit about myself...
Michel Roux Jr's. take on a cooked breakfast at Le Gavroche.
Fantasic!
My Pan fried Sea Bass with crushed new potatoes, Chorizo and Squid
and a Chorizo oil
I am THE Student Foody, an English Lit student at the University of Sussex (Brighton, England) passionate about all things related to good food and wine. My passion for cooking can probably be traced right back to my early teenage years, watching my mum in the kitchen prepare dinner. Over the years my responsibilities as her sous-chef increased until I was finally allowed to cook meals on my own. As my dad is a most incompetent cook this gave my mum a welcome break when she came home from work and so i found myself cooking more and more.
However, it wasn't until i had the independence of University and living on my own that my passion for cooking really took off. In one year i went from being able to sustain myself with tasty food to creating a diverse range of interesting and gorgeous dishes. Immersing myself in the world of Michelin starred cooking and dining at Le Gavroche for my 19th Birthday, courtesy of my girlfriend.
I take inspiration from so many places: markets, TV programs, meals out and cookbooks of all different cuisines, so there really is something for everyone.

I'd like nothing more than for people to get in contact with me so you can do so via twitter @RobertDAParks or via the Google+ account, linked to the blog.

 This is The Student Foody, and i hope to have lots of content for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment